I love the sunshine, but this is ridiculous. This heat is so unbearable and it still would be even if I wasn't a walking furnace cooking a baby. Tonight is the first game of the Cards/Cubs series and I was so excited to go to the game, until on the radio they stated with the heat index the temperature was 109 degrees. I told Bryan he should probably start calling people to find someone to go to the game with him because I don't think sitting in the bleachers in the sun was the place for me to be.
In between the workday and the Cards game Bryan and I went to Sam's to buy food for the DeSmet Alumni run that is being held tomorrow. We had so much food and one of the trays of cookies we had on the bottom of the cart slid off and as we stopped to rearrange everything so it wouldn't happen again one of the guys handing out free samples asked me if I was craving the cookies or the hamburgers. I told him both.
Shortly after we got home and unloaded everything, Barnhart came by to get Bryan and they headed off to the game leaving me in peace in the nice cool air conditioning. The doggies and I watched the game from the couch and caught up on some work. I wish I could have been at the game, but Bryan called a couple times to check in and said it was pretty miserable, so I guess the air conditioning isn't so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment