Thursday, August 12, 2010

Babies!!!

Today was our 4th week of Childbirth class.   We attend class at St. John's since that is where we will be delivering Baby T.  We are signed up for a six week class that combines childbirth, breastfeeding and newborn care, so the first four weeks we were focused on childbirth.  Tonight we had a "test" on different breathing patterns during the various stages of labor and "delivered" our baby.  I wish it was that easy.  I only pushed a few times and it didn't even hurt!  We also took a tour of the labor and delivery floor as well as the postpartum floor.  While on the postpartum floor we got see at least 5 babies.  They were all so cute and tiny!  I am so ready for our peanut to be here.  I am really glad that we did these classes.  Bryan and I both feel so much more prepared on how to handle things, whatever may come.  Part of this I know is because of our teacher, Kathy, and I know I mentioned before how wonderful she is.  We really got lucky.  On her recommendation we also signed up for another class, "Happiest Baby on The Block".  It deals with more in depth newborn care and how to help them adjust to life outside the womb and is based on a book.  I already get Parents magazine delivered to my house and I have noticed they have referred to this book several times in articles in a positive matter, so we figured we might as well give it a whirl.  The only thing, is it is such a popular course and they only hold it once a month, so the first opening was 10/10/2010.  My due date is 10/12/2010 for those of you who don't know, so this could be touch and go.  Next week in class we will start newborn care and we get to bathe and diaper our babies and learn how to feed, etc.  I think Bryan is really excited about this part, because he wants to be totally prepared.  I am not too worried about him, he's going to be a great dad!  I just have to remember that no matter how he diapers and feeds the baby, if its not the EXACT way I do it, it's okay as long as the baby is clean with a full belly and happy.  If I keep this in mind we will be a great parenting team.

No comments:

Post a Comment