Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 Week Appointment and Baby Class

Today I had my 30 week prenatal appointment.  I can't belive I have 10 weeks to go!  Because my doctor is in a group practice I have to also meet the other doctors in the practice in case they are the ones that have to deliver Baby T.  Last visit I had my third ultrasound and also met one of the other doctors in the practice.  I wasn't very happy with her and felt as though I was being rushed through the appointment.  Now, I may be biased toward my doctor, but she just really didn't sit well with me, so I was very excited to see Dr. Super (yes, that is his real name) today, because Bryan and I had lots we wanted to talk to him about. 
Dr. Super walks into the exam room in such a great mood everytime and it just always puts me at ease.  We started with the normal measurement of my belly and listening to the heartbeat.  We determined the baby is still head down with its butt at my stomach and "those must be arms and legs that keep poking you over here" that I kept asking about.  Bryan was amazed that Dr. Super could tell what was where just by pushing on my belly.  Then we went through our list of questions which today ranged from, how was the ultrasound last time because the doctor I had was not very talkative regarding that or anything for that matter except to tell me that, in my opinion, I was fat.  Dr. Super confirmed Baby T is doing great, growth is great, fluid is great, placenta is in a good spot, and no I am not gaining too much weight.  He said he has had patients that have lost a total of 2 pounds (uhh..hello, how do I sign up for that?) and patients that have gained 100 pounds and that his wife gained around 60 lbs and was just as active as I am and ate well. Some people just gain more weight than others for whatever reason.  So, that was encouraging.  We also talked a little more about labor and delivery and what is to come.  I just love having my appointments with him and I know Bryan does, too because we leave feeling so informed and so great about this pregnancy.

Tonight we also had another baby class.  Today we learned about c-sections and epidurals.  My loving husband apologized in the middle of class for labor and delivery having to be so hard on me.  However, he also stated after watching the video of a woman getting an epidural, "I don't think I want you to get that" because of the large needle.  I think the hardest part for him is going to be seeing me in pain and him not being able to do anything about it, other than trying to keep me calm and as comfortable as possible.  Really as long as he is there with me, that will help keep things tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment