Today we had the DeSmet Alumni run, which went off without a hitch except for when I fell UP the stairs of the bleachers. I really can't say what happened, but I do have a skinned knee, scraped and bruised arm and shoulder and scraped up fingers. Not to mention my bruised ego. I was so embarrassed! All the moms of the current season runners, jumped up and the boys kind of freaked out. I know they were all concerned, but I was so embarrassed. I popped up as quickly as an 8 month preggers could and said, "I'm ok, don't worry about me" and hurried up the rest of the stairs. I tried to busy myself with the task I was running up the stairs to complete in the first place and was doing fine, until Bryan came running up and asking what happened. The only thing I could get out was that I was pregnant, so I am clumsy, and I fell. Then he kept insisting I needed band-aids, which I did, but I became so overwhelmed with hormones that I just wanted to sit in a corner and cry. We went into the pressbox where he bandaged me up and I cried a little and then we went back to work. I still can't believe I did that!
After the Alumni run I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things we needed at the house and ingredients for Strawberry Poppyseed salad that we were taking to our friends house for a BBQ later that night. I kept hoping people wouldn't look at my scratched up arms and legs and haggard looking self (I mean my hair was an absolute mess as well as my clothes) and ask me if I needed a safe place to go.
Later we went to a BBQ with friends of ours that Bryan went to high school with. We had so much fun. There were 9 kids there running around with the oldest being 4 followed by a 3 year old and then we just go down from there. Two of us were pregnant, me with my first and Shannon with her third, and a 1 month old. So the dads sat outside and drank beer and watched the older kids play in the yard, while the moms stayed inside and got the food ready and made kids plates and then got to sit around and talk about kids, pregnancy and labor and reality TV. We were home by 9pm, which is just fine with us.
All in all it was a great day that started off a little rough, but ended quite nicely.
Hope ur ok buddy! Love ready these blogs that mention baby T! Take care! xoxo
ReplyDelete