Sunday, July 19, 2009
Bridal Shower
Today was cousin Amy's bridal shower. This was the first bridal shower I have gone to since my own. I was actually pretty excited. I love the people that I was going to be spending the afternoon with and I got to reminesce about when I had my bridal showers and the excitement and anticipation I had for each one. I was excited to sit back and watch Amy get to experience that, too. It was a great shower with good food, fun games, and lots of gifts! Thanks to Melissa being the queen of bridal shower games I got to take home a potted gerber daisy since she won twice and I have it sitting in my kitichen on the shelf above the sink. I am going to try really hard to not kill it. amy got a lot of great gifts and you could tell she really enjoyed the time with her family since she lives in Chicago. One really touching moment for me was when she was opening the gifts from her Grandma. That was the one thing that was hard for me to deal with at my wedding and showers, not having any grandparents around. I feel so happy for Amy that she will be able to share that day with her grandma. Altough I had mementos of my Grandmas with me, (a guardian angel pin on my slip and my magic hanky) it obviously was not the same as having them there to share in the moments. Even though they were not there with me my wedding day was still special and I know Amy's day will be just as special for her. She is such a sweet soul and I am so happy I get to share in the joy of her day. So Cheers to Amy and Nick!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you were there. It was nice having so many Klipsch women together. I just wish my mom could have been there too.
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet! When I heard you and your sister were coming, I was so excited that I would get to see you guys in the "real" world as oppose to the blog world! I wish I could have had a chance to visit with you guys more, you both have such a fun energy to you. And thank you for the beautiful gifts. We had people over Tuesday night for dinner and everyone got to eat of matching sets! Thank you again for being a part of that day!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing with all this running. Don't know how you do it, but I am so jealous. I need some motivation!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe need to see a new blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete