Today was another cross-training day and I did....not much of any cross-training. Unless, I want to count spotting at cheerleading cross-training, again. Today I had to work at the Y for a fundraiser for our cheerleaders, The Starlites. We were having an open gym and nacho night. So, basically anybody can come and pay $3 and we have open gym and then at the end they get nacho's. I had six of my cheerleaders there and then there were five girls from some of the gymnastics classes there. Luckily, there was another girl working the open gym with me. Well of course my girls wanted to work on the one skill that is sure to rip my arm right off my body one of these days when I spot them, the back bend kickover. If you remember, this was the skill that I tore my body up demonstrating on Wednesday. My shoulder has been bothering me a little bit ever since that night. So, we worked on back bend kickovers and I tried not to let my arm fall off. Towards the end of the night, I was getting kind of pissed off because this girl has been thisclose to getting her backbend kickover for months. And my arm creeps closer and closer to saying, "look I am out of here. first I had to push girls over repeatedly, ok, fine, now we have to run AND push girls over, I am done." Well, this little girl wanted to stop for the night and I told her she was so close can she just do three more for me. So, on the first one she does it! ALL BY HERSELF!! I didn't even have to use my arm! I think I was more excited than she was. So, we did another one, and she did it all by herself, again! Then, we did a third one and she did it all by herself, again! For the rest of the night she did them by herself as she showed everyone; me, her sister, me again, her mom, her dad, me again. She is excited and so am I and so is my arm.
So, all in all is great night. And not just because it ended with nachos.
No comments:
Post a Comment