Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wedding Gift

Today was another 2 mile run. Bryan told me that I needed to take it slow due to the fact that tomorrow is the All Star Charity 5K and he doesn't want me to burn myself out. So, I went through my morning routine, which was clocked at about 1 1/2 hours. I had a hard time getting motivated. Then I had to wait because it began to downpour and I was not about to run in the rain. Although the fact that I was moving so slow and had to wait out the rain did not make my "coach" happy. I got a little scold and told that I needed to get moving. Whatever, buddy. ;)
So, I eventually got out for my run and had a rough go. I felt good right at the beginning but then I really had to push myself to keep moving. I thought I was slowing down, but honestly I do not think it is possible to go any slower than I already do. If I did, I am pretty sure it would not qualify as running. Probably not even speed walking. So, I just kept running. That's all I can do at this point, is just keep running I do not want to get to that half marathon and not be able to run farther than 2 miles. So, I keep running and running and pushing and pushing. I finally began to feel ok at about 1 3/4 mile. Convenient, right? My run is almost over. Actually, this is a good thing, because that means that my body is settling in and accepting that it needs to run. We will be running and this will not be stopping for awhile.
Today was a day for me to just take my time I guess. When I got back from my run I needed to get ready so that Bryan and I could get headed out to Fanfest downtown. I just couldn't get moving. I finally did and we headed down to Fanfest, where we saw Deb Do and Chuck as we were driving. Shout out to them! They were going to Crown Candy; jealous!
We walked around Fanfest for awhile, ran into a few people that we knew, of course, and then headed out. I drove Bryan to the Stan Musial statue to drop him off to meet his friend Brad to run the race course for tomorrow. I, however, drove home and took a nap.
I had to prepare for our big night with our old neighbors Josh and Jenny. They wanted to take us out for dinner and dessert for part of our wedding gift. What a great night. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Bryan and I were good and stuck to eating healthy. We both got the Mahi Mahi, Bryan by default because the waiter brought him the wrong fish. He actually ordered the salmon. We have so much fun with Josh and Jenny and we had tons of laughs and I am sure we were annoying the people next to us. I noticed the two girls sitting next to us kept looking over. If you have ever been to the Cheesecake Factory, you know that if you do not get a booth, you basically sit on the people at the table next to you and we did not have a booth.
After dinner we did something wierd; we did not stay at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. We went somewhere else. Josh and Jenny said they had somewhere special to take us for dessert that we were sure to love. We went down to the loop to a new place called FroYo. It is all non-fat frozen yogurt and you pick your flavor (chocolate, vanilla, blueberry, strawberry, cheesecake, tart, and others) and then you pick your toppings and you put how much or how little. It is like at a buffet where you make your own ice cream dessert. Then you weight it and pay. It is 40 cents per pound and worth every cent. It was so good! We can't wait to go back.
We had a great night full of great conversation and lots of laughs. At one point I thought Josh was going to have to pull over we were all laughing so hard. We really miss having them right across the road, but true friendships last no matter what the distance, so I guess it is not all that bad. Our nights just end a little earlier because we can't come home and then go to one of the other's houses and then walk home. A 20 minute drive is a lot longer than a 20 second walk. Either way, thanks Josh and Jenny for an awesome wedding gift! We had a great time. I know my body thanks you for the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment