Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lovin' Date Nights

Tonight Bryan and I went on a "date night" We have actually been doing this a lot lately and I really enjoy it; especially on nights like tonight when he plans everything I am just along for the ride. :) Last weekend we had a nice unrushed dinner at home (normally dinners are rushed with cooking and making lunches for the next day and then eating as fast as we can then doing dishes quickly so we can finishe whatever work we have or just try to get to bed at a decent time) and then went to see The Blind Side. We stopped at the gas station on our way to the theater to pick up some drinks and snacks and then enjoyed the time being together, just the two of us, snuggling at the theater. If you have not seen The Blind Side I highly suggest this movie. I had not heard any bad reviews only good, however one of my friends told me that there were some bad reviews about it. I am here to tell you that Bryan and I both really enjoyed the movie. I found it to be very inspirational and motivating and just overall good for your soul. So, if you haven't seen it, GO SEE IT!!!
So tonight for date night Bryan decided we were going to the Wild Nights at the Zoo christmas light display and then we were going to go somewhere to warm up with hot chocolate. It was really nice to do this together since he had his third annual "Man Day" with his friends yesterday, which is just as it sounds. About 10 of the guys get together starting at noon and then they play demolition ball, drink, go bowling and drink, drink, go to dinner and drink, and drink some more. So, we did not see each other except for the morning yesterday before he left. We talked a few times throughout the day, but none of them were sober conversations on Bryan's part after 6pm and I did not see him until 8am this morning. He climbed into bed with me and I finally got two and a half hours of decent sleep since I finally knew he was safe. Once we got up I got ready and left for a full day of shopping and we didn't see each other again until 5pm when it was time for dinner. So, my point is, after a long week of work and running this was a much needed night to reconnect with each other. So, we had dinner at home and then bundled up and went on our way to the Zoo. Our friends, the Steiner's. told us about the zoo light display and that they enjoyed it, so that is why we decided to go. It was really cool (and cold) and fun to watch the little kids all around ooh and aah, but the best part of all was going in to Penquin and Puffin cove (which is my all time favorite place). What was crazy is that normally when we go to the zoo in the summer we go in to the cove to cool off because it is kept so cold for the penquins, but tonight we actually went in there to warm up!! It was 45 degrees inside the cove and that felt warm compared to the outside!!!! I could have stood in there all night and not because it was warm, but because I love the penquins. I just think they are soo darn cute and interesting. When we did finally leave the cove we were watching the penquins that are outside the cove and it was soooo awesome.....there were two penquins and they were making all this noise and they were like snuggling (at first I thought they were making all that racket cuz they were gettin' it on, but luckily, I was wrong.) They kept putting their arms or wings or whatever they have around each other and singing their songs to each other (if you have seen the movie Happy Feet you will understand). It was so neat to watch! We finished walking through the lights and then went to Culpeppers to get some "hottie totties". :) I got one that was actual hot chocolate and liquor and it was pretty tasty. Bryan got a coffee with grand marnier mixed into it and it was so full of liquor we both couldn't take a drink of it without wincing. So we also got an apple crisp and split that. It was nice to sip our drinks and just enjoy ourselves. Now we are home and in pajamas and snuggling on the couch with the kids (Lucy and Sarge). I really enjoy these nights where I feel like we can just unwind from a hectic week and before the start of another hectic week (especially this week because of Christmas) and decompress. I also love Bryan for all his efforts to keep things fun and exciting and making plans for the two of us to spend time and remind each other why we fell in love in the first place. Although we have only been married for 9 months, we have been together almost 5 years and have lived together for 4 1/2 years so we have been in our routines and comfort levels for awhile and tend to take each other for granted. This helps us remind each other how much we mean to each other and love each other and for that I am "Lovin' Date Nights"

No comments:

Post a Comment