Friday, January 23, 2009

And they're off!!!!

Well, the invitations have been mailed. And I just have to say it is a relief to no longer have a GIANT box of invitations sitting in my house. I also have to say how wonderful my post office is in Kirkwood. The same two people, a man and a woman, work there faithfully everyday and they are awesome! I should, however find out what their names are. That is one of my flaws, I am so bad at remembering names. I still call my cheerleaders by the wrong name sometimes. Anyway, the first time I had to go there was to get my passport. Not only do they process your passport there, but they take your picture on the spot and you know it will be the right size. Something I learned is very important from my friend Shayna who had to get her picture redone like three times because where she got it done kept doing it wrong! So, the gentleman processed my passport, took my picture (which is NOT good, but hey, who's is) and lo and behold it arrived at my house in 3 weeks! Yeah! I can go to St. Lucia for the honeymoon!!! The next time I had to go to the post office was to get the stamps for the invitations. This time I had the woman. She weighed and measured and gave me my stamp choices and asked me about the wedding and honeymoon. We have determined she is going on the honeymoon with Bryan and I. We are going to pick her up the morning we leave. ;) She was just so pleasant and helpful and when I left I was light in my steps and smiling. So, today I went to drop off the invitations. I hauled the GIANT box into the post office and there were my two postal workers! They both smiled at me and the woman said, "I remember you!" I told her she better remember me, she's going with me on my honeymoon! So, I loaded all the invitations onto her counter and she told me she would handle them with utmost care and made sure I had enough extra stamps at home, just in case. Again, just very helpful! And again, I left light in my steps in a great mood. Maybe I always feel so good when I leave there, b/c I can cross another thing of my LLLOOOONNNGGG list of wedding to do's, either way, I just enjoy going to our post office.
Dinner at Bartolino's last night with Father Marco was wonderful! I just really enjoy him. He has so many great stories and he is funny as well. The food was wonderful as well and I was very proud of myself for not overeating. We went over everything for the ceremony and Father Marco is very adament that everything that we are doing is what Bryan and I want to do and not anyone else. We also gave him our FOCUS tests that Bryan and I took. He is going to turn them in to the Deacon and let us know what the results are. I am sure we will pass with flying colors. If there is one thing I have learned during this past year planning for this wedding, it is that Bryan is the one for me. We just get each other and he never lets me down. I fall in love with him more and more everyday, just because of the little things he does or says. I love that on Tuesday when I came home from a crappy day and had gone out and bought a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle and he came home to find me sprawled out at the coffee table with puzzle pieces all over our freshly cleaned house from over the weekend, that he did the majority of the cleaning to, he didn't care. He just laughed and said you never know what "Little Bug" (that's what he calls me..it's a long story that maybe I will get into later) is going to do next. And for the past two days he has let me sit at the coffee table and do my puzzle. He never asks how long is this mess going to be around or can you move that to your desk downstairs. He just comments on the how I have the patience to sit and do a puzzle. I don't know how I can do it either, but it is just therapeutic for me. And I grew up with my mom always doing puzzles, so I have just been around it.
Well, I guess that is all for now! Time to get ready for a busy weekend as always!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I am so relieved that the long hours of hard labor I endured handwritting each name on each invitation will now be seen by each addressee! HA!! Just kidding! Don't you love when you have just a little something special in your world? Some place with someone who is just so nice and kind every time. Really does put a spring in your step!! Congrats on a huge mark off on your To Do List! Can't wait to get my invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always apprecieate kindness from others. My postal workers in Fenton aren't as friendly. There use to be this wonderful lady that worked there and she was so friendly but she's not there anymore. The time is really going to fly now. Enjoy the preparation and activities to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my invitation on Saturday. I was so excited. I've got my response card filled out and ready to mail.

    ReplyDelete